For our third annual fall break trip, we opted for a shorter trip since two of the four kids are still 2 and under. We considered a number of options in the South Eastern US, ultimately settling on the mountains of Western North Carolina. Here is a recap of some of the trips highs and lows:
- Fossil-hunting at one our favorite Indiana State Parks, Falls of the Ohio.
- Cutting our hike of Grandfather Mountain short because two of us were sick.
- Enjoying the fall colors while hiking to Linville Falls in the Pisgah National Forest.
- Climbing, jumping, swinging and ziplining through the trees at the Tree Tops Aerial Adventure Park.
- Flume-mining for gemstones at the Emerald Village Mine in the Pisgah National Forest.
|1||Fall of the Ohio State Park||Indiana||130||2.00|
|Ijams Nature Center||Tennessee||251||3.75|
|Asheville Vacation Rental||North Carolina||118||2.00|
|2||Grandfather Mountain||North Carolina||85||2.00|
|Asheville Vacation Rental||North Carolina||85||2.00|
|3||Linville Falls||North Carolina||59||1.25|
|Tree Tops Aerial Adventure Park||North Carolina||68||1.33|
|Asheville Vacation Rental||North Carolina||5||0.25|
|4||Emerald Village Mine||North Carolina||50||1.00|
|Blueridge Parkway||North Carolina||32||1.25|